Thursday, March 29, 2012

Poster Contest

I almost forgot to post these, but I took part in a poster design contest back in February for the local fixed gear bike company, State Bicycle Co. They lead and sponsor some of the bike events around the Phoenix/Tempe area which I usually take part in. Their bike models are very stylish and I jumped at the chance to try and win a free bike which was the grand prize for the best poster. Posters were all voted on by fans for the first week of March from State Bike's Facebook page. I unfortunately did not win, but I accept defeat since a lot of the other entries were very well done and I at least made it to the final cut. Take a look below. I did both posters based on bike models that have both sadly been retired from the line-up. My favorite of course being the first one which is based on the ABACABB model. If you are a fan of the old Mortal Kombat game, then you will know exactly the meaning behind the name.